- Do the Moon Board holds coming with fixings?
No. You will need to purchase t-nuts and bolts separately.
- What type, size and quantity of bolts and t-nuts do I need for the Moon Board holds?We use the metric sizes which means you need an M10 t-nut and bolt. The equivalent imperial size is 3/8″. The Original School holds require cap head bolts and the School Holds Set A and B take either cap head or countersunk bolts. The following is a guide to the bolt lengths you require.Original School Holds
40 x M10 x 50mm boltsSchool Holds Set A
40 x M10 x 50mm
10 x M10 x 80mm
School Holds Set B
40 x M10 x 50mm
10 x M10 x 80mm
- The minimum height requirement for a Moon Board is 315cm but I only have 300cm. What can I do?If you do not have the minimum height requirement for a Moon Board you have a number of option but all will effect the grade of the problems to a lesser or greater extent.The kick-board is 37cm so you could start by reducing this. Although a kickboard is not essential not having one will add to the difficulty of the problems and I would suggest you keep at least a 20cm kick-board.If you still need more height after reducing the kick-board then you could increase the angle of the Moon Board however depending on the difference in angle this could have a big impact on the grade of the problem.
Your best solution to a lack of height is to reduce the spacing between the rows of t-nuts. There are 18 rows of t-nuts so its very easy to gain an extra 20cm of height by reducing the spacing by around 1cm. Obviously this will make the problems slightly easier.
- US DISTRIBUTORI’m afraid we have no US distributor. We don’t charge the 20% VAT on our foreign orders which our domestic customers pay (the prices on the website are inclusive of VAT) which makes things a bit cheaper for foreign customers. We do need to point out however that as per our terms and conditions customers are responsible for any import duties/taxes which may be levied so it’s probably worth checking this out. It might be worth looking into a 3rd party carrier for shipping. The box weights and dimensions listed below. The alternative is to wait until someone is over in this direction and ask them to pick up the holds.
- HOLD WEIGHTS/DIMENSIONSOriginals – 5kg Box Size: 25 x 25 x 23 cm
School holds – 14kg Box Size: 37 x 28 x 23 cm
Footholds – 0.5kgs Box Size: 13 x 20 x 10cms
Power Grips – 3.5kgs Box Size: 20 x 25 x 20cms
- MOONBOARD ARTWORKYou can download the artwork here https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hkkaiupbgdlopi/Final Artwork.zip?dl=0
- OLD MOONBOARD SETUPSThere were too many different set ups on the old website and although there was over 1000 problems to go at these problems were spread across about 10 different set ups. The most popular set up was the one by Lucas Dourdourekas because it used all 3 hold sets and gave access to around 250 problems but it took several years to achieve this. Once MoonBoard users around the world embrace the new website, strip back their MoonBoard and reset with the new set up I guarantee that the list of problems will be much bigger than it ever was before.
The MoonBoard system is the most effective strength training system but it is only training and users shouldn’t get attached to old problems and set ups. I highly recommend that you change your set ups then you will be fully supported by the website and App. We also suggest that you consider installing an LED MoonBoard which takes the system to a new level.
- PASSWORD RESETHere’s a link to reset your password: http://www.moonboard.com/moonboard-users/
- MOONBOARD PROBLEM PDF DOWNLOADIt’s not possible to download the all the .pdfs at one time. The free MoonBoard App is used to view all of the MoonBoard problems.
- ALL PROBLEMS START FROM A SITTING POSITION.
- ALL PROBLEMS START TWO HANDED EVEN IF THERE IS ONLY ONE STARTING HOLD.
- PROBLEMS MUST START WITH BOTH HANDS ON DESIGNATED START HOLD OR HOLDS AND FINISH WITH BOTH HANDS ON DESIGNATED FINISH HOLD OR HOLDS.
- ALL MARKED HOLDS CAN BE USED FOR BOTH HANDS AND FEET.
- FOR STARTING YOU MAY USE ANY FOOT HOLDS ON THE KICKBOARD.
- ALL FOOTHOLDS ARE PLACED SLOPEY SIDE FACING UPWARDS.
- ALL START HOLDS MUST BE ROW 6 OR BELOW.
- ALL PROBLEMS FINISH ON TOP ROW OF THE SETUP EITHER MATCHED IF THERE IS ONLY ONE HOLD OR ON SEPARATE HOLDS IF THERE ARE TWO.
- YOU ARE PERMITTED TO USE ANY PART OF THE NUMBERED HOLD AND CAN EVEN USE BOTH HANDS ON THE SAME HOLD.
- ALL GRADES USE THE FONT GRADING SYSTEM. IF YOU FEEL THE GRADES ARE NOT ACCURATE THEN FEEL FREE TO LET US KNOW.