- Do the Moon Board holds coming with fixings?
No. You will need to purchase t-nuts and bolts separately.
- What type, size and quantity of bolts and t-nuts do I need for the Moon Board holds?We use the metric sizes which means you need an M10 t-nut and bolt. The equivalent imperial size is 3/8″. The Original School holds require cap head bolts and the School Holds Set A and B take either cap head or countersunk bolts. The following is a guide to the bolt lengths you require.Original School Holds
40 x M10 x 50mm boltsSchool Holds Set A
40 x M10 x 50mm
10 x M10 x 80mmSchool Holds Set B
40 x M10 x 50mm
10 x M10 x 80mm
- The minimum height requirement for a Moon Board is 315cm but I only have 300cm. What can I do?If you do not have the minimum height requirement for a Moon Board you have a number of option but all will effect the grade of the problems to a lesser or greater extent.The kick-board is 37cm so you could start by reducing this. Although a kickboard is not essential not having one will add to the difficulty of the problems and I would suggest you keep at least a 20cm kick-board.If you still need more height after reducing the kick-board then you could increase the angle of the Moon Board however depending on the difference in angle this could have a big impact on the grade of the problem.Your best solution to a lack of height is to reduce the spacing between the rows of t-nuts. There are 18 rows of t-nuts so its very easy to gain an extra 20cm of height by reducing the spacing by around 1cm. Obviously this will make the problems slightly easier.
- HOLD WEIGHTS/DIMENSIONSOriginals – 5kg Box Size: 25 x 25 x 23 cmSchool holds – 14kg Box Size: 37 x 28 x 23 cmFootholds – 0.5kgs Box Size: 13 x 20 x 10cmsPower Grips – 3.5kgs Box Size: 20 x 25 x 20cms
- MOONBOARD ARTWORK You can download the artwork here https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hkkaiupbgdlopi/Final Artwork.zip?dl=0
- PASSWORD RESET Here’s a link to reset your password: http://www.moonboard.com/moonboard-users/
- MOONBOARD PROBLEM PDF DOWNLOAD It’s not possible to download the all the .pdfs at one time. The free MoonBoard App is used to view all of the MoonBoard problems.
- ALL PROBLEMS START FROM A SITTING POSITION.
- ALL PROBLEMS START TWO HANDED EVEN IF THERE IS ONLY ONE STARTING HOLD.
- PROBLEMS MUST START WITH BOTH HANDS ON DESIGNATED START HOLD OR HOLDS AND FINISH WITH BOTH HANDS ON DESIGNATED FINISH HOLD OR HOLDS.
- ALL MARKED HOLDS CAN BE USED FOR BOTH HANDS AND FEET.
- FOR STARTING YOU MAY USE ANY FOOT HOLDS ON THE KICKBOARD.
- ALL FOOTHOLDS ARE PLACED SLOPEY SIDE FACING UPWARDS.
- ALL START HOLDS MUST BE ROW 6 OR BELOW.
- ALL PROBLEMS FINISH ON TOP ROW OF THE SETUP EITHER MATCHED IF THERE IS ONLY ONE HOLD OR ON SEPARATE HOLDS IF THERE ARE TWO.
- YOU ARE PERMITTED TO USE ANY PART OF THE NUMBERED HOLD AND CAN EVEN USE BOTH HANDS ON THE SAME HOLD.
- ALL GRADES USE THE FONT GRADING SYSTEM. IF YOU FEEL THE GRADES ARE NOT ACCURATE THEN FEEL FREE TO LET US KNOW.